Sunday, June 30, 2013

Repurposed Bed Post

This is the top of a bed post that was found on trash day.  When originally found it was about 5 feet tall.  I cut it into parts and made a couple of fun projects with it.  It had been left out in the rain and was cracked and chippy.  The top part which you see repurposed here was so junky and cracked that I decided to screw it to a platform, add a little paint and just celebrate its funkiness.  It is 30 inches tall.
I don't create many things that I don't plan on parting with at some point.  This may be the exception to that rule. 
This is a closeup of its cracked, split, chippy wonderfulness.  I love trash day.  By the way trash day is tomorrow.  As I was driving around today I saw a few great finds.  I was with the one who thinks the garage is full of finds.  I may have to go out early in the morning to "get cat food".  It is not hording if you have a positive flow of your junk. Right????

No comments:

Post a Comment