Thursday, June 27, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

 
During Spring Break I visited a Goodwill store near my home.  They had lots of small items on sale.
I found this beauty and with the discount it cost $.25. Yes, only a quarter.  It was stained and had a large apple and checkerboard painted on it.  At some point it had a lid but it was long gone by the time we found each other. It is 12 inches wide and 10 inches high. It would be perfect on a desk or in a bathroom.  This was such a quick project because all I did was sand off the apple and other painting, prime and paint it.  It had holes at the top on each side.  I left the holes so someone could easily hang it with cute ribbon.  The hardware I added to the front was extras from another project.  I added a bow.  I have no idea why I tied a bow on it.  I may remove it but it just seemed right that it had a bow for it's first photo.  The cat was not included in the photo because she is under her bush trying to take out the entire lizard population of Texas.  So far the lizards have nothing to fear.  She has been chasing them for a year and has only caught one.
When you are in the junking mood don't forget Goodwill.  They help many in our community.

1 comment: