Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Quilt

I have had many projects that took me a long time to complete but this quilt is the winner.  The quilt was started over twenty years ago and finished last year.  I moved it unfinished to California, Texas, West Virginia, Mississippi, back to Texas, back to West Virginia and finally back to Texas.  I kept it safe and every summer meant to finish it.  In the last five years I have begun quilting again.  Last spring I finally finished the quilt.  I started it for my daughter when she was in kindergarten.  She finally got it when she was 26!  Some things are worth the wait.
This is the back of the quilt.  I love large stars.  I plan to make another large star quilt soon.
Another great blog if you like quilts is http://www.craftdictator.blogspot.com/
My daughters blog has lots of great quilts. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment