Saturday, April 13, 2013

To make these crosses I used
left over pieces of spindles and
wood from other projects.
I put them together with double
sided screws and glue.
I liked the look of them unpainted
but did not know if anyone else
would "get it".
I originally made them to be crosses
to be displayed in a grouping of
candlesticks on my hearth.
They are also excellent jewelry
holders.

I think that they could also be used to hold jewelry or hand towels.
This is the cross primed and ready to paint.

Lately I have been obsessed with repurposing. This is  a cross I  created mostly from spindles I got at the Restore.

One of the finished products!
Linked up with:
http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/08/freedom-fridays-68.html
 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of using spindles to do this. Great idea!Yea Restore. Proud of you for putting your creative energy to good use. (We are going to do newspaper hats for our Earth Day celebration next Tuesday. I thought of you!)
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete